Keeping your AirPods in your ears and away from danger isn’t easy. A small, discreet wireless earphone with no strings attached is a perfect target for the sneaky hands of opportunistic strangers. If you’re reading this article, chances are you have invested in the brand-new Airpods or are planning to do so soon. After all, they are one of the most sought-after wireless earphones as of late. However, keeping your expensive Apple Airpods safe is not as easy as it may seem. They’re tiny and can be easily misplaced or fall out of your ears without notice. Unless you want to spend hundreds on replacing them or have a bear witness to see them being stolen right in front of you, here are some subtle ways to keep them safe wherever you go:
How To Not Lose Airpods?
Keep them in a case
First and foremost, you need to keep your AirPods in a case at all times. The case is designed to fit both the AirPod and its charging case, so it’s not very big. It also has a strap that makes it easy to carry around and will prevent someone from taking them out of your bag or pocket. You can buy a new one for $29 on Amazon or get an official Apple one for $39 on their website. You can also get cheaper cases that do the job just as well. Just make sure they are snug enough to prevent them from falling out of the charging case or your pocket when you’re not looking.
Keep them in your ears
The most basic way to keep AirPods safe is by keeping them in your ears at all times. This is quite obvious, but many people tend to forget about this step when they’re busy doing other things like talking to someone or looking at their phone. If you’re in a public space, you should make sure that AirPods are always in your ears unless you have to take them out for something important.
Buy an AirPod strap
This is one of the best ways to keep AirPods safe without spending too much money on them. You can buy a good strap for around $10 on Amazon and it’s very easy to use. All you need to do is clip it onto your shirt or pants and let the AirPods hang from there as long as they’re not in your ears. It also makes it easier to find them when you’re not wearing them because they will be on your clothes and not floating around somewhere between the couch cushions or under the bed sheets.
Get a case with a carabiner clip
If you want something even more convenient than the strap, get a case on. They come in multiple colors and have a buckle that makes it easy to keep them in place. This will prevent you from misplacing them or dropping them when you’re not paying attention.
Get a charging case with a strap
The official Apple charging case only has a hole on one side where you can put it inside your pocket or bag. If you want to keep it safe from strangers or people who may want to steal it, get yourself a charging case with straps on both sides. This way, it will be hard for someone to take them out of the case without you noticing since they will have to open the cover first. You can also buy an extra strap for around $30 if you want to be extra careful about your AirPods safety!
Use A Remote
- You can use the Remote app (available on the App Store) to easily control your AirPods. This app is compatible with both iPhone and iPad, and it allows you to do a lot more than just play or pause your music. It also allows you to control the volume of each earbud, but that’s not all. You can also use it to change tracks, answer calls, and even activate Siri—all without ever touching your AirPods at all.
- You can also attach a lanyard to each of your AirPods so that you won’t lose them accidentally (or if they fall out). Another way is to place them in a case that has a strap or some sort of tether for easy carrying around.
- If you have an Apple Watch, then there’s no need for an additional remote because everything can be done using the Apple Watch instead. Just tap on the AirPlay icon in Control Center, and you’ll be able to access all the basic controls.
- If you don’t have an Apple Watch but still want a way to keep your AirPods safe, then consider buying a lanyard or a strap that will allow you to wear them around your neck. You can also get a case with a strap if that’s easier for you.
- If you want something more discreet and less bulky, then try using the AirPod Holder Case available on Amazon for $12.99. It’s made from silicone and is designed to look like an ordinary case for wired earbuds—except it has two holes in which you can insert your AirPods so that they won’t fall out until you take them out yourself.
Lock Them With An Ios App
- Apple’s free Find My iPhone app allows you to track your AirPods. You can also remotely lock your AirPods so no one can use them without your permission. The app will also help you locate them if they are out of range or not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
- The app is easy to set up and use, but it does require iOS 10 or later.
If you’re running iOS 9, try to Find My Friends instead. It features a similar feature that allows you to track your AirPod and lock it if it goes missing. It’s also a lot easier to set up and doesn’t require any updates to the operating system!
Carry Them In A Case Or Bag
- The best way to keep your Airpods safe is by storing them in their charging case. The case itself is small and can easily be put in your pocket or bag without taking up too much space. You can even put the charging case in a small pocket or pouch of your backpack or handbag.
- If you own an Apple Watch, the AirPods come with a handy little feature called “Find My AirPods”. This nifty feature allows you to locate your AirPods on a map through the Watch app on your iPhone. It can also play a sound to help you find them if they’re nearby, as well as lock them so that they don’t get tampered with if someone steals them from you.
- If you lose one of the earbuds, don’t freak out! The AirPods come with another neat feature called “Find My Bud”. This feature allows you to use your iPhone to locate the missing earbud. You can even play a sound through the missing earbud so that you can track it down.
Your AirPods are one of the best wireless earphone options on the market. However, these tiny wireless earbuds can be easily lost or stolen if you aren’t careful. These wireless earphones are a great companion to your phone, but only if you know how to keep them safe. Follow the advice in this article to keep your AirPods safe, secure, and out of harm’s way. There is nothing worse than losing or having your Airpods stolen. To avoid this, you need to take precautions when out and about with them. If you follow the advice in this article, you’ll be able to keep your Airpods safe and sound.