Whether you’re using a smartphone or tablet, chances are good that you use your WiFi router on a regular basis. This is because using a wireless connection helps to improve the range of your home network system and reduce the likelihood of dropped calls. It also helps to reduce bandwidth usage and avoid any potential issues with viruses or malware. Everyone who uses WiFi will have their own tips and tricks for getting the best possible range and connectivity in their home. However, if you’ve recently noticed that your WiFi connection has been sub-par, how do you go about figuring out why? Read on to find out more about how to check WiFi router history on Android, plus some useful tips for improving your wireless connectivity.
How To Check WiFi Router History On Android
- To check your WiFi router history on Android, the first thing you need to do is open the Settings app.
- Next, tap on the Network & Internet option.
- From here, select the WiFi tab and then tap on the gear icon next to the name of your network.
- This will open the WiFi settings page. Here, you’ll see a list of all the devices that are currently connected to your network.
- To view your router’s history, simply scroll down to the bottom of this page and tap on the View connection history option.
How To Setup Connectivity Of Wifi
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Network & Internet option.
- From here, tap on the WiFi tab.
- Next, you will need to select your network from the list of available networks.
- Finally, you will need to scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page and tap on the View Connection History option.
- You will now be able to see a list of all of your past WiFi connections and their respective times and data usage.
How To Reset A Router
- Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don’t just turn it off).
- Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait a few minutes for the device to power on and connect to the internet, then try opening a website to see if it works.
- If that didn’t work, try unplugging your router or modem again and wait 30 seconds this time before plugging it back in.
- Once it’s plugged in, wait a few minutes for the device to power on and connect to the internet, then try opening a website to see if it works.
- If that still didn’t work, check your router or modem’s instruction manual or contact your ISP for help.
- Once you’ve reset your router or modem, try setting up your WiFi connection again and see if that works.
- If you’re still having trouble, you may need to replace your router or modem.
How To Check Wireless Networking Equipment
Check the Wireless Router
The first thing you should do is check the wireless router to see if there is a problem. To do this, unplug the power cord from the router and then plug it back in. Wait a few minutes for the router to power on and connect to the internet, then try opening a website to see if it works.
Check the Modem
If the problem is with the modem, unplug the power cord from the modem and then plug it back in. Wait a few minutes for the modem to power on and connect to the internet, then try opening a website to see if it works.
Check Other Wireless Devices
If you have other wireless devices in your home, such as a wireless printer or another computer, try connecting to the internet with those devices to see if they work.
Contact Your ISP
If you’re still having trouble connecting to the internet, contact your ISP for help.
Steps to get better WiFi Signal
Check for interference
Change your WiFi channel
Update your router’s firmware
Upgrade your WiFi router
Move your router
How To Change The Channel On Networking Equipment
- Go to your router or modem’s settings page by typing the address of the page into a web browser, selecting “Manual”, then selecting “Advanced”.
- Select “Channel” from the left side menu or click on the channel number button on your router or modem.
- Select a different channel from those that are currently being used by other networks in your area, such as other wireless networks, etc..
- Click “Save settings” and then try to access a website and see if it works.
- If that didn’t work, try unplugging your router or modem again and wait 30 seconds this time before plugging it back in. Then try opening a website to see if it works again (repeat this process as many times as necessary until you find an appropriate channel).
- Once you have found an appropriate channel, save your changes (select “Save Settings”) and restart all of your networking equipment (turn off and unplug it).
- Try accessing the Internet again to see if the change has worked.
- If your router or modem still doesn’t work, contact your ISP for help.
- If you are still having problems, follow the steps above or contact your ISP for help.
Easy Way To Get Better Benefits From WIFI
- Turn off your WIFI and unplug the power cord from the router.
- Next, hold down the reset button on your router for approximately 3 seconds.
- After you do this, turn on your WIFI again.
- If you are still having problems, call your ISP and tell them that you have an issue with your WIFI and request a tech visit to resolve the problem or contact a third party such as Linksys for help.
- If you are still having problems, follow steps 1–4 above or contact your ISP for help.
Needed For A Good Quality Connection
- Range: Wi-Fi is great for short-range connections, like connecting to a printer on the other side of the room. 4G LTE can cover a lot more territory, but it’s not as good at connecting to devices close by. 3G has a good balance of both range and connection quality.
- Speed: 3G is always going to be slower than 4G LTE or Wi-Fi, but it’s still faster than dialup or satellite connections.
- Coverage : Wi-Fi is great for connecting to devices in your home or office, but 4G LTE and 3G can cover a lot more territory.
- Security : Wi-Fi is always going to be less secure than either 4G LTE or 3G, but it’s still better than relying on just one type of network connection.
How To Try Create A New WiFi Channel
- Open your WiFi router’s configuration page (usually found in a different location depending on the brand and model of your router).
- Look for a button that says “Wi-Fi Channel.”
- Hover your cursor over the “Wi-Fi Channel” button and click on it.
- A list of available channels will appear.
- Select the channel that you want to use and click on “save.”
- Your new WiFi channel will now be active and you’ll be able to connect to the internet using that particular channel
The WiFi router is one of the most important aspects of modern living, not just because it allows you to connect to the internet, but because it can also help to make your other devices much more useful. Many modern devices don’t have an Ethernet jack, and while they can still work through a WiFi router, they may not be able to function as well as they could. If you’ve noticed that your WiFi connection has been sub-par, try the steps above to check WiFi router history on Android and make sure that your router is operating as efficiently as possible.