There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to get your wireless network set up and running, only to have it cut out every few minutes. The interference can be coming from a hidden Bluetooth device somewhere in your home or office. You may not know this because you don’t see any of the little devices that are usually hidden away in desk drawers, cabinets, or other out-of-the-way places. Fortunately, there are a few ways to find these pesky devices so you can get back to setting up your Wi-Fi and getting it working smoothly again. There are two different types of Bluetooth devices that can interfere with your wireless network: visible and hidden. Visible ones are easy to spot — like a speaker that has Bluetooth connectivity built into it. Hidden ones are trickier because they’re harder to see, such as computer hardware or telephones with Bluetooth functionality. Both types have the potential to interfere with your wireless network, so let’s take a look at how you can find both kinds of devices and get them out of the way so you can enjoy a clear wireless signal once again.
How To Find Hidden Bluetooth Devices?
Change the Channel on Your Wi-Fi
A lot of people don’t know this, but wireless routers have a setting that allows you to change the channel that they broadcast. By default, most wireless routers use channel 6, but that’s a pretty busy channel, and it’s not uncommon to have a few other wireless networks using the same channel in your area. If you have a really busy channel and you have a lot of other electronic devices in your home — like Bluetooth devices — that are also trying to use channel 6, you’ll likely see some interference. Try switching over to channel 1 or channel 11 for your wireless router. These are both pretty quiet channels that don’t see a lot of interference from other devices in your local area.
Run a Wireless Network Scanner
If you’ve already switched your wireless router over to a different channel but are still experiencing problems with your signal, you may have a Bluetooth interference problem that’s just not remedied by changing your router’s channel. In this case, you’ll need to run a wireless network scanner to see what’s going on. A wireless network scanner will look for any devices that are actively trying to connect to your network and will let you know if you’re seeing any Bluetooth interference. You’ll also be able to see what channel the device is trying to connect on, which will help you identify which device is causing trouble. Once you’ve identified the problem device, you can decide what to do next.
Check for Bluetooth Collisions
If you’ve already switched your router’s channel and you’ve scanned your network and don’t see any Bluetooth interference, you can still try to narrow down the problem by checking for Bluetooth collisions. This will require you to be inside your router’s settings and look for the section where you can see a list of all the devices that are connected to your network. You’re looking for any device that has the word “Bluetooth” listed. You might see a few devices with the word “discoverable” listed as well. These devices are trying to actively connect to nearby devices. Once you’ve found any Bluetooth devices on your network, you can kill the connection and turn the device off.
Find the Device and Turn it Off
If you’ve checked your network and can’t find a Bluetooth device causing interference, you can check your computer’s Bluetooth settings to see if there are any devices connected to your computer. Again, you’ll be looking for any device that says “Bluetooth” somewhere in its settings. Once you’ve found the device causing the problems, turn it off. You can also try uninstalling any Bluetooth devices on your computer if you don’t use them. After you’ve turned off the device or uninstalled it, you should be able to enjoy a clear signal again.
The Danger Of Hidden Bluetooth Device
- You can’t see the Bluetooth device that is connected to your phone or computer.
- The Bluetooth device is usually in the form of a sticker or other way that it is not visible to the naked eye.
- You can’t really get rid of it unless you remove it from your phone or computer and you may need to ask someone else to do this for you.
- If you turn off the Bluetooth device, then your phone or computer will not be able to communicate with other devices via Bluetooth until it is turned on again.
- If your phone or computer doesn’t have enough power, then turning off the Bluetooth device will also lead to battery draining problems as well as overheating problems in the case of smartphones because they don’t have backup batteries and are more vulnerable than computers in this aspect.
- It is very dangerous to remove the Bluetooth device from your phone or computer as it may cause some serious problems like:
- Your computer may stop working completely and you might have to buy a new one.
- You might be exposed to some serious malware that can ruin your system completely.
- Your phone might not be able to connect with other devices via Bluetooth anymore and it will be useless then.
- There are also some rare cases when removing the Bluetooth device may lead to loss of data on both the phones and computers and you will have no other option than going through a very difficult process of recovery of data from backup files which is also another very risky process because it involves a lot of risks as well as an expenditure of money in order for you to get back your data back, this is not at all advisable for people who don’t know how to recover their data in case if they lose it, so better stay away from this type of problem by using Bluetooth devices safely without any issues at all because any damages or losses caused by these types of devices can be very costly for the victims in terms of money and time so better stay away from these types of things that are harmful to your health, safety, and wellbeing.
- It can be very dangerous for your health, safety, and wellbeing if you don’t use Bluetooth devices carefully because the devices can cause some problems to your health and safety if you are not careful enough while using them, so this should be avoided at all costs because it is very important for you to stay safe and healthy.
- In case of any problem in connection with Bluetooth devices then you should contact the manufacturer of these devices immediately as they are responsible for selling these products, so try to contact them online or by phone as soon as possible in order to get help from them in case if something wrong is happening with the devices.
- Bluetooth devices can also cause some serious problems when it is used alongside other types of high-tech gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, and computers that have Wi-Fi capabilities on their own because they will interfere with each other if they are not used properly, so try to avoid these types of situations whenever there is no need for such things like this at all costs because they can lead to a lot of trouble and loss of data on all the connected gadgets involved, so better stay away from these situations by using Bluetooth devices safely without any issues at all because any damages or losses caused by these types of things can be very costly for the victims in terms of money and time so better stay away from these types of things that are harmful to your health, safety, and wellbeing.
Bluetooth devices are convenient, but they can also be a real headache when they keep interfering with your wireless network. We’ve discussed three ways to find Bluetooth devices that are causing problems with your Wi-Fi and get them off your network. We’ve also discussed a few things you can do to prevent this from happening in the future. There are also some steps you can take to reduce the impact of Bluetooth devices on your network. First, you can try to reduce the number of Bluetooth devices you have connected to your network. You can also switch your router’s channel to something less crowded and make sure your router is set up to prioritize wired connections over wireless ones.