You probably won’t find the answer to this question in the user manual for your PS4. But it is a crucial piece of information if you want to take your new game console on an airplane. Even though the average size of checked baggage has decreased over time, airlines are still very strict about what kind of carry-on luggage passengers can bring inside the plane as standard. If you’re planning to travel by plane with your PS4, here is everything you need to know about taking a PS4 on a plane.
Can You Take A Ps4 On A Plane?
The short answer is yes, you can take a ps4 on a plane. However, there are some things to keep in mind before taking your ps4 on a plane. First, check with your airline to see if there are any restrictions or requirements for taking a ps4 on a plane. Different airlines may have different policies regarding the transport of gaming consoles.
Why Is It Important To Know If You Can Take A PS4 On A Plane?
1. PS4s produce a loud noise
If you have PS4s at home, you might already have noticed that they can be quite noisy. If you are planning on bringing your PS4 on board a plane, you should be aware that it will probably produce even louder noises. This is due to the fact that the noise levels of PS4s change depending on whether you choose to play games on them or watch movies or TV shows. While the noise produced when playing games is usually much louder than when watching a movie, you should be aware that most airlines have strict rules regarding noise levels. Some airlines might inform you that you must turn off your devices during take-off and landing, while others may have restrictions that apply at all times but are rarely enforced.
2. Checked luggage is not too reliable
If you are flying with your PS4 and have chosen to check your luggage, there is a chance that it may be damaged or lost during your trip. This can be especially problematic if you are planning on taking a long flight, like a vacation, where you won’t be able to easily replace your game console. While most airlines will usually compensate you for damaged or lost luggage, it could take a long time to receive your compensation and be able to replace your items. This can be especially frustrating if your PS4 is damaged and you can’t play any games on the flight. Many airlines also have weight restrictions for checked luggage that can make it challenging to bring large items with you. Additionally, you might face additional costs if your luggage is overweight. You could try to bring a smaller, lighter device that isn’t as valuable or important to you, like a tablet or e-reader, but these devices may not be as enjoyable to play on as a PS4.
3. Limited space for your other items
If you check your luggage, you will have one less place to store items on the plane. This means you won’t be able to bring any books, headphones, or other items that you might want to use during your flight. You may also be told to stow your items if you are using an in-flight entertainment system during your flight. While a PS4 may not take up too much space, you may still prefer to keep it on your lap or table. This could make it difficult to use the controls and could be uncomfortable if you end up having to sit in an aisle seat.
4. Limited battery life for your device
Another consideration when bringing your PS4 on a plane is the battery life of the device. You will want to ensure that you don’t run out of battery power before you reach your final destination, but also consider if it will be safe to charge your device during the flight. Some airlines allow you to plug in and charge your devices during the flight, but others may have restrictions or may not offer outlets at all. You should also be aware that charging your device during the flight could be distracting to other passengers and may result in you getting a warning from a flight attendant.
How To Safely Pack A PS4 As Checked Baggage?
- There are a few different ways to pack your PS4 in your checked bag. – First of all, you can use an airline-approved hard shell case to protect your system. But be aware that the hard shell case might not fit into the carry-on luggage size requirements of some airlines.
- If you don’t want to use a hard shell case, you can use a soft travel bag to wrap around the console. You can also make sure that your gaming system is placed at the top of your bag so that it doesn’t get damaged when baggage handlers move it around during the flight process.
- If you want to avoid carrying a PlayStation 4 in your checked baggage, then consider purchasing a PlayStation 4 backpack or messenger bag designed specifically for PS4s. This way, you won’t need to check any bags when traveling by plane with PlayStation 4
- Most airlines have specific rules regarding the size and weight of your PS4 video game systems. So make sure to check with your airline before packing your PS4 in a checked bag.
- Weight Restrictions: The weight of your PS4 will be included in your checked baggage weight allowance. So make sure that your bag’s weight is below the airline’s allowed maximum.
- Size Restrictions: The size of your PlayStation 4 will matter when it comes to fitting it inside your bag. Most airlines will require you to pack a regular-sized or “regular plus” padded bag that measures 75 linear inches or less in size (35 centimeters). Although smaller “economy” sized bags are allowed on some airlines.
- The same goes for any other gaming system like a Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Wii U video game system.
What You Should Know About Taking A PS4 On A Plane?
- The PS4 is allowed as cabin baggage. You can bring one PS4 and one controller.
- You can store it in a bag or a box. You don’t need to purchase a special PS4 travel bag.
- The PS4 is a large item, so passengers are advised to put it in the overhead compartment.
- If you have multiple PS4 consoles to bring, you can put one in the cabin and one in the hold as long as you have the correct documentation.
- If you have a PS4 Pro, you will have to check it.
- You can bring a PS VR with you as long as you have all of the necessary equipment. Make sure to check the flight’s regulations.
Tips For Safely Traveling With PS4 Games And Consoles
It is important to keep in mind a few things if you want to take a PS4 or other gaming systems on a plane. Here are a few tips for safely traveling with PS4 games and consoles.
Keep Your PS4 Protected: Make sure to keep your PS4 in its original box inside your bag. This will help protect your console from getting damaged during travel.
Remove the Game Discs: If you want to bring a game disc on a plane, it is a good idea to remove the disc from the PS4 game console. This will help protect the game disc from getting damaged while inside your luggage.
Keep the Game System Turned Off: You should keep the game system turned off during travel so that the system doesn’t accidentally get turned on inside your bag. This will help reduce the risk of accidentally draining the battery or causing other damage to the console.
Label Your Bag: Make sure you label your bag with your name and travel information. This will help airport security agents quickly identify your baggage and make sure that it gets put on the right flight.
Switch and 3DS, have a higher risk of being damaged. So make sure you take extra precautions and pack your system in a protective case inside your bag.
The PS4 is a powerful gaming console, but it is not indestructible. If you travel with it, there is a chance that it may get damaged. Follow these tips to make sure that your PS4 arrives at your destination safely.