Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms available, and like any other platform, you may want to change your username from time to time. Unfortunately, doing so is not as easy as it sounds. There are several issues that can arise when trying to change your Snapchat username, and if you’re not careful, you may end up locked out of your account. In this article, we will discuss five of the most common reasons why you can’t change your Snapchat username and how to fix them. From account security to app updates, this article will provide you with all the information you need to successfully change your Snapchat username. So, if you’re one of the many users wanting to change their Snapchat username, this article is for you.
Why Can’t I Change My Snapchat Username?
Account security issues are the most common issues that arise when trying to change your Snapchat username. When you first sign up for the app, Snapchat will require you to input your phone number to verify your account. This is to help prevent people from creating fake accounts, spamming, and sending inappropriate content. The problem with this is that if you’re trying to change your Snapchat username, you might need to change your phone number to do so. Unfortunately, you can’t change your phone number within the Snapchat app. This means you will have to contact the company directly and request a number change. This process can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on the company. If you request your number change too early, you may also run the risk of getting locked out of your account. This is because Snapchat asks users to wait two weeks before migrating to a new account. This length of time is used to help prevent fraudulent activity on the platform. Once the two weeks are up, you can request to change your phone number and successfully change your Snapchat username.
App updates are another common reason why you can’t change your Snapchat username. Snapchat often updates its app, and while most of these updates are positive, they may cause problems for users who are trying to change their Snapchat username. For example, when the app first launched, users could change their username whenever they wanted. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible. If you try to change your username via the app, you will be met with an error. This is due to an update Snapchat made a few years ago. Their update requires users to wait two weeks before they can change their username again. This is to prevent users from changing their usernames to avoid the app’s filters and other features that are designed to protect users from hating content and abuse. If you’re trying to change your Snapchat username, be sure to wait two weeks before doing so. Otherwise, you will run the risk of getting locked out of your account due to an app update. If you’re not sure how long you should wait before changing your username, you can always check the Snapchat support page. They often have information regarding when users can change their usernames again.
An unverified email can also prevent you from changing your Snapchat username. Most social media platforms demand users verify their email addresses before they can start using the app. This is done to help prevent spam, bots, and fake accounts from making their way onto the platforms. When you try to change your Snapchat username, the app will ask you to input your current email address. If this address is unverified, you will run into issues changing your username and may be locked out of your account. To fix this, you will need to verify your email address. To do so, go to the app’s settings and click the “Contact us” option. From there, select “Account verification” and input the email address you want to verify. Snapchat will then send you a link to complete the verification process. Once you do so, you will be able to change your Snapchat username without any issues.
Unverified Mobile Number
An unverified mobile number is another reason why you may be unable to change your Snapchat username. Similar to an unverified email address, Snapchat requires users to verify their mobile numbers to help fight spam and protect their platform from abuse. Luckily, the verification process is quick and simple, and most users will see results within 24 hours. To verify your mobile number, go to the app’s settings and select “Account verification.” From there, enter your phone number and select “Send Code.” Snapchat will then send a code to your phone. Enter the code into the app, and you will be verified. Once you’re verified, you can change your username and successfully do so.
Account Name Already Taken
The last reason why you can’t change your Snapchat username is that the account name you want is already taken. In the beginning, Snapchat only allowed users to change their usernames once. However, they’ve since changed this policy and now allow users to change their usernames as many times as they want, provided the name isn’t taken. Unfortunately, sometimes you may try to change your username only to find that someone has taken the name you want. If this happens, there is nothing you can do. The only way to get the name you want is to find someone willing to trade with you for it. Even if you try reporting the person who has the account name you want, Snapchat won’t do anything about it. This is because the company doesn’t have a system in place to help mediate disputes between users regarding usernames. If you run into this issue, your best bet is to try and negotiate a deal with the person who has the username you want. If they’re willing to trade, you can change your username and successfully do so.
How To Use Your Snapchat Username To Your Advantage?
- Although Snapchat doesn’t allow you to change your username, there are still a few ways to use it to your advantage.
- You can use it to create a brand and build your reputation on the platform. You can also use it to attract new followers. Here’s how. First, you can use the same username on multiple social media platforms.
- This will make it easier for your followers to follow you on other platforms and will make it easier for them to find you on Snapchat. Second, you can create content that mentions your username.
- You can include it in your stories or in the text of your snaps. This will make it easy for people to find you and will help you build your reputation on the platform.
- You can also use your username on a regular basis. If you’re active on Snapchat and consistently use your username, it will become a part of your brand and will help you stand out from other users.
Alternatives To Changing Your Username
- If you’ve decided that switching to a new username would be a good idea, there are a few things you can do to make the transition a little easier for your followers and for you. First, you can try to switch to a username that is similar to your original username.
- For example, if your username is “bob smith”, you can try switching to “bobsmithen”. This will keep you associated with your original account and will help your new followers find you. Second, you can try to gradually change your username.
- You can start by adding a few letters or numbers to the end of your username. Then, you can change your username entirely a little later. This will make the transition easier for your followers and will give you time to adjust to the new name.
How To Fix The Issues?
- If you are facing any of the issues we outlined above, there is a good chance you can fix the problem.
- First, you should double-check the date to make sure you don’t have the wrong date on your calendar. Next, you should try contacting Snapchat Support and see if they can assist you.
- If you still can’t resolve the issue, we recommend changing your username to something else and then trying to change it again.
- This is the best way to fix these issues. However, if you want to change your username to something different, be sure to follow these tips so you can successfully change your Snapchat username.
Changing your Snapchat username can be a tricky process, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about any of these issues if you follow these five tips when trying to change your Snapchat username. From account security to account name disputes, these tips will help you change your username and succeed on the platform. So, if you’re one of the many users wanting to change their Snapchat username, follow these tips, and you’ll be able to successfully change your username in no time.