Have you ever tried to talk to someone on Discord but felt like your voice didn’t project enough? Have you been trying to figure out how to make your mic louder on Discord? If so, this step-by-step guide is for you! We’ll provide you with the instructions you need to increase your microphone’s volume and prevent any distortion or feedback. Whether you’re a Discord novice or a Discord pro, you’ll find everything you need to make sure your mic is loud and clear. So let’s get started and learn how to make your mic louder on Discord!
How To Make Your Mic Louder On Discord?
Change your audio settings
Changing your audio settings can make a big difference to the volume of your voice on Discord. To do this, click on the Discord icon in the top left corner of your screen, and select Settings from the drop-down menu. From here, select Audio from the list on the left, and you’ll see a number of options. You can adjust the volume of other people’s voices by moving the slider next to “Voice volume other people” up or down. You can also adjust the volume of other noises like music or computer sounds by increasing or decreasing the slider next to “Other volume.” The “Input/output device” drop-down menu allows you to choose which audio device you want to use. The first option is “Use the default device,” which will select the device that your computer thinks is best to use. The second option is “Choose a device,” which allows you to choose which audio device you want to use for your microphone. Typically, you’ll want to select a device that is set up for “recording.” Once you’ve made these changes, click “Save” to apply them.
Use a headset
Using a headset can help you get the most out of your Discord experience. Getting a headset with a built-in microphone, like the Blue Yeti, can make it easier for people to hear you on Discord. While a headset won’t necessarily make your voice louder on Discord, it does make it easier to hear you. This is especially helpful if you’re in a noisy environment or have a soft voice. If you’re trying to communicate with friends who are in another country, a headset can help your voice travel farther, meaning they’ll be able to hear you better. You can also use a headset to listen to music while using Discord. This is great if you like to play music while gaming with friends. Using a headset means you won’t be disturbing others with the music coming out of your speakers. Many headsets come with a mute button on the cable. This is great for when you need to have a conversation with someone who isn’t on Discord. You can mute the microphone, and nobody will be able to hear you.
Clean your microphone
If your microphone is picking up too much background noise, or if it’s just a little bit dirty, it can make it difficult for people to hear you. Cleaning your microphone is a quick and easy way to make sure it’s not interfering with your voice. There are a few ways you can clean your microphone. You can remove the microphone from your computer, or remove it from your headset, and use a small amount of water to clean it. You can also use a small amount of rubbing alcohol, like isopropyl alcohol, to clean your microphone. Make sure you don’t use too much water or rubbing alcohol, as this can damage your microphone. Once you’ve cleaned your microphone, leave it to air dry for a few minutes before you put it back in its mounting location. This will make sure you don’t leave any water droplets on your equipment.
Use a noise gate
If using a noise gate, make sure you move the “Threshold” slider all the way to the left. This will ensure that the gate doesn’t pick up sudden bursts of noise, like your computer’s fan kicking on. If you turn down the “Gate” slider all the way, the noise gate will be closed. This means it won’t pick up any outside noise. If you turn the “Gate” slider up, the noise gate will be open. This means the noise gate will pick up all outside noises. The “Attack” and “Release” sliders are used to fine-tune the noise gate. The “Attack” slider determines how quickly the noise gate closes once it picks up a loud noise. The “Release” slider determines how quickly the noise gate reopens after the loud noise stops. Turning these sliders towards the right will make the noise gate close and reopen more quickly. If you want to try out a noise gate, you can download Noice Gate from the Chrome Web Store.
Adjust your levels in Discord
If using the above methods doesn’t work for you, you can adjust the levels of your microphone in Discord. To do this, click on the Discord icon in the top left corner of your screen, and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. From here, select Voice > Advanced, and select “Mic level” from the list on the left. The “Mic level” slider allows you to adjust the volume of your voice on Discord. Moving the slider toward the right will increase your microphone level while moving the slider toward the left will decrease your microphone level. Start by moving the slider towards the left to see if this makes your voice louder on Discord. If not, you can try moving the slider toward the right.
How To Check Your Microphone Volume?
- Before you begin adjusting your microphone’s volume, it’s important to test it to ensure you’re starting with a good baseline. Start a Discord call with yourself (or a friend) and follow these steps:
- Open Discord by clicking on the desktop application or by clicking the Discord icon on your phone. – Navigate to the server where you’d like to test your microphone.
- Click the “Voice” option located on the top-right corner of the screen to start a call with yourself or a friend.
- Once the call is open, click the “Input Device” drop-down menu. – Select your microphone from the list of devices (i.e. Microphone, Headset, etc.).
- Once you’ve selected your microphone, click the “Test” button.
- Note the microphone level indicator. The higher the number, the louder your voice will be.
Troubleshooting Tips For Low Microphone Volume
- If your volume is set to 100% and you still feel like your voice isn’t coming through loud enough, there are a few things you can check to make sure everything is working properly: – Make sure your microphone is properly connected.
- Audio issues can often be traced back to a broken cable or faulty jack. If your microphone isn’t working, try plugging a different device into the same jack to rule out any problems with your microphone itself.
- Make sure your microphone isn’t muted. You can check this by opening the Discord app and navigating to the “Audio” tab. Make sure the “Mute Mic” option isn’t enabled.
- Make sure your computer isn’t set to “mute” your microphone. You can check this by opening the Control Panel and clicking the “Sound” or “Sound Devices and Audio Settings” option. Select the “Volume” tab and make sure the “Microphone” option isn’t muted.
- Make sure you’re not too close to your mic. If your microphone is too close to your mouth, it may pick up too much background noise and distort. It may also pick up your breathing if you’re too close. Move the microphone farther away from you until the background noise decreases and your breathing stops.
How To Prevent Distortion And Feedback?
- If you’re still struggling to make your microphone louder, you may need to make some adjustments. The main culprit of low volume is background noise, so make sure you’ve taken the steps above to minimize that.
- You may also want to consider investing in a microphone extender. A mic extender allows you to move your microphone farther away from you while still maintaining a strong connection.
- If you’ve followed the steps above and are still experiencing issues with your microphone, the next step is to connect with the Discord help team.
- They can provide you with some tips and tricks to help improve your sound quality and volume. Once you’ve made the necessary adjustments, you’ll finally be able to communicate clearly with your friends and teammates!
While some of these tweaks may seem like common sense, many people forget to check their setup before communicating with others. By following this guide, you’ll make sure your microphone is set up properly and you’ll have everything you need to broadcast your voice across Discord. From gaming communities to podcasts, Discord has become a go-to platform for people to connect and communicate. If you’re new to Discord or would like to make sure your voice is loud and clear, make sure you follow the steps above.