The vibration alert on your phone alerts you to new messages, emails, or other notifications in a discreet way. It’s the small, brief pulsing sensation that alerts you to important information without disturbing those around you too much. However, sometimes this isn’t enough. You might be in a noisy place like a construction site or a busy office and not hear your phone when it vibrates once. Or maybe you want to be notified about something again immediately for example, if you’re waiting for someone to reply to an important message and don’t want to wait until you get home from work to see if they responded. In these situations and others like them, your phone needs to vibrate continuously so that you always know when it has new information waiting for you.
How To Make Your Phone Vibrate Continuously?
Vibrate Continuously: Samsung
To make this happen on a Samsung phone, you’ll need to enable an extra vibration setting. Go to the “Sounds” or “Sounds and vibration” settings menu. Choose the “Extra” option, which works the same as the normal vibration setting but without the regular audible sound. Then, go back to the vibrations menu and choose “Constant” as your vibration type. Your Samsung phone will now vibrate continuously until you change the setting back.
Vibrate Continuously: Android
In most cases, you can make your Android phone vibrate continuously by choosing the “Continuous” option in the vibration settings. If this doesn’t work, try selecting the “Vibration intensity” option and increasing the vibration intensity to maximum strength. To make sure you’re looking in the right place on your phone, try searching for “vibrate settings” or “vibrations settings” online. You may find a helpful guide to locating the vibration setting on your phone.
Vibrate Continuously: iPhone
To make this happen on an iPhone, go to your “Sounds” menu. Select the “Vibration” option and choose the “Continuous” setting. If this doesn’t work, try increasing the vibration intensity to maximum strength. To do this, go back to the “Vibration” menu and select “Increase vibration”.
Vibrate Continuously: Windows Phone
To make this happen on a Windows phone, you’ll need to enable an extra vibration setting. Go to the “Sound” or “Sounds and vibration” settings menu. Choose the “Extra” option, which works the same as the normal vibration setting but without the audible sound. Then, go back to the vibrations menu and choose “Constant” as your vibration type. Your phone will now vibrate continuously until you change the setting back.
Benefits Of Having Vibration On Phone:
- It wakes up the phone from sleep automatically.
- It alerts you to notifications.
- It also helps you to find your phone in the dark or when it is on silent mode.
- It makes your phone more friendly and interactive and increases its appeal among users in general.
- It helps to improve the user experience.
- It also increases the sales of smartphones, because people prefer to buy a phone with having vibration feature.
- It helps in improving the safety of the phone, as it alerts you when your phone is receiving a call or message.
- It helps to improve the productivity of the users, as they are able to make calls and get messages without having to physically touch their phones.
- It also helps in improving the emotional experience of using the phone.
- It can be beneficial in reducing stress and anxiety, as it is a natural relaxation for the users.
Why Do We Need To Disable Vibration?
- To save battery life: This is one of the most important reasons why you should turn off vibrations on your phone. When you have vibrations turned on, then it drains a considerable amount of battery power because it vibrates continuously; moreover, it consumes electricity too fast when you have many apps running at once.
- To save money: You can save money by turning off vibrations on your phone as well as disabling notifications from different apps which keeps sending notifications continuously. If you have a lot of apps running in the background while receiving notifications then this will consume more battery power, which will lead to a decrease in battery life and ultimately increase expenditure on electricity bills, which is not good for anyone’s budget!
- To improve security: Turning off vibrations will make your smartphone more secure as vibrations cannot be used for hacking purposes; moreover, if you want to check if someone (including someone outside) has hacked your phone then you can easily check it by going into Settings > Security and checking the ‘Vibrate’ option.
- To improve the user experience: By disabling vibrations, you will be able to enjoy using your smartphone without having to touch it, which will help in improving your emotional experience while using the phone.
How To Disable Vibration On Android?
- Open Settings App > tap on Sound & notification > tap Vibration settings > turn off Vibration for all apps or for individual apps as per your choice.
- For example, if you want to turn off vibrations for WhatsApp then go to WhatsApp’s settings and turn off the ‘Allow Vibration’ option there.
- You can also turn off the vibration for individual apps as per your choice; just go into Settings app > tap on Sound & notification > Vibration settings > individually enable or disable the vibrate option of different apps as per your choice.
Whether you’re in a noisy environment or waiting for someone to reply to an important message, continuous vibrations let you know more quickly that you’ve received an important message on your phone and don’t have to wait until you get home from work to see if someone replied to you. If you don’t know how to make your phone vibrate continuously and you think you could benefit from this feature, try searching for “vibration settings” or “continuous vibration setting” online. You may find a helpful guide to locating the vibration setting on your phone. And if you need to make any phone calls, be sure to check out our article on how to make a phone call with your cell phone!
Q: I’m using the latest version of Android, how do I turn off vibration?
A: If you are using Android 7 or 8, then go to Settings > Sound & notifications > Vibration settings. If you are on an older version then go to Settings > Sound & notifications > tap on Vibration settings.
Q: Can I change the vibration pattern for my phone?
A: Yes, you can change your phone’s vibration pattern for example you can set your phone to vibrate once after every minute or every second time it vibrates. You can also choose from different patterns such as a steady vibration or a burst of vibrations. The best way to find out is by uninstalling apps that auto-vibrate and see what happens when you don’t have them installed. In general, though there are two patterns available.