If you’re an Instagram influencer or simply an avid user of the platform, you probably know that some usernames are more coveted than others. Whether it’s because of their meaning, visual appeal, phonetic sound, or combination of all three there are lots of people clamoring for the more popular handles. Unfortunately, some accounts aren’t as inactive as they appear. Many users have locked their accounts so they can’t be found by strangers. But there are ways around this roadblock and tricks to dig up those hidden usernames if you’re determined to get your hands on one. In this blog post, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about inactive and locked Instagram usernames so that you can find a username that fits your brand, persona, and personal taste without having to compete with thousands of other users.
How To Get An Inactive Instagram Username?
1. Use our Instagram Username Generator
If you’re looking for a unique username for your personal Instagram account but don’t have any ideas, our username generator can help. You can use it to find cool and unique combinations of words and numbers. Simply add a word or two to the tool, select your preferred length and style, and then hit “generate” to see your options.
2. Search for a Username on Social Blade
Social Blade is one of the best tools out there when it comes to information about social media accounts. If you want to know how many followers an account has or how long it’s been active then this is where you should look first. To find an inactive Instagram username with this tool, simply type out the username in question into the search bar and hit enter. You will be presented with all the information you need regarding that account including the number of followers, date of creation, date of the last post, etc. If there are multiple results for the same name, then click on “View All Results” at the bottom right corner of the page so that you can see all possible options for that name. With this method, it may take some time to get your desired username as all these results need to be manually checked by users on Social Blade but if there are lots of results then it could be worth looking through them all to find an inactive username that hasn’t been claimed yet by another user.
3. Find a Locked Instagram Username
Many users choose to lock their accounts so that they can’t be found by strangers and this is usually done with the “private” setting. This means that you won’t be able to find the username using the above two methods but you can still get it if you know how. For locked usernames, we recommend using a tool called InstagramHack.net. It works by running a script on your computer which then gives you access to deleted or private accounts that have been locked by the user. The method is not entirely safe so we don’t recommend doing it unless you know what you are doing but if you follow our instructions carefully then there shouldn’t be any issues.
4. Find an Instagram Username on Reddit
Reddit is one of the best sources for finding inactive or locked usernames. The subreddit r/Instagram was created for users to post their usernames and have others check if they are available or not. Within the community, users can vote posts up or down so that the most popular posts appear at the top of the page. This means that you can find inactive Instagram accounts very easily by simply looking through recent posts on this subreddit and finding a name that has not been voted up yet.
5. Find an Instagram Username in a Group
Another good way to find an inactive or locked Instagram username is by joining a Facebook group. Some groups are specifically for finding usernames and they will often have a list of usernames that have already been claimed. You can then simply message the group owner and ask them if they are willing to give up the username if you pay them a small fee. This can be risky as you may not get the username but it’s worth trying if all else fails.
Why Are Some Usernames Labeled ‘Inactive’?
- If a username has been inactive for more than 2 weeks then it will be labeled as inactive. This is done to prevent users from creating new accounts and using them to engage in spammy activities on Instagram.
- If a username has been labeled as inactive then it can still be taken by someone else if they claim it first. Accounts that have been inactive for more than 2 weeks are not always available so you should always check the status of an account before trying to buy it.
Why Do Usernames Change Color?
- When a user changes their username, their old username will become colored grey and will no longer be available for anyone to use. This is done to make sure that users don’t create multiple accounts with the same username and then use them to engage in spammy activities on Instagram. The only way a user can reclaim an old username is by changing it back but this means they will lose all of their followers so they usually don’t do this unless they have a good reason to do so (for example, if someone buys the name first).
- If a username has been changed to grey then it can still be taken by someone else if they claim it first.
- To avoid confusion, we do not allow users to create accounts with the same username as an already existing one. This means that if you buy a name, you will not be able to use it unless the original account changes its username (and you change yours back). This is done to prevent confusion within the community and to protect both parties from getting unwanted messages from followers or fans of the other account.
How Do I Get Followers?
- The best way to gain followers is by simply engaging with other users on Instagram and following others who share similar interests as you do so that they will be interested in what you post and follow your page too!
- Posting regularly is also important because people like seeing new content from their favorite accounts so if your page has been inactive for more than 2 weeks then people may unfollow your page until they see new posts from it again so it’s best not to leave gaps between posts unless you are posting something really special!
- You can also buy followers but this is generally frowned upon by the community as it
Getting the right Instagram username is important for your brand, your personal identity, and your overall Instagram experience. While it’s easy to find a username that isn’t currently being used, it can be extremely challenging to find an inactive username that isn’t already being held by a user. If you’re looking to find an inactive username, you’ll need to be patient, persistent, and willing to put in some effort. This guide will walk you through how to find dormant accounts and how to unlock them so that you can claim the username for yourself.
Q: I’ve paid someone to unlock my account but they have not finished the job, what can I do?
A: You can message them and ask them what’s going on or simply go to another website and find a different service. If they refuse to finish the job then you can report them to PayPal or their website if they are using one.
Q: Can I get my money back if the person doesn’t finish the job?
A: It depends on how you paid for it. If you paid by PayPal then you should be able to get your money back once you file a dispute with them.
Q: What is the best way to find an inactive username for me?
A: The best way is simply by checking all of the websites/services that we have listed in this guide and seeing which one has your desired username available.
Q: Why should I use this guide when there are so many other guides out there?
A: This guide is unique because it lists all of the services that we know about in one place so that you don’t have to waste time searching for them yourself. Also, we personally tested every service listed here (we actually spent several hours doing this) so we know that they work!